If you own a dog, you know the importance of keeping your dog exercised and socialized! Dog parks are a great place to do these things and let your dog run free, and many municipalities in Newfoundland have been seeing how valuable these parks are to residents with dogs.
Traditional playgrounds, ball fields, and other parks are not suitable for pets to run and play, so having the proper facilities is important.
If you’re looking for a dog park in Newfoundland, this article will show you where to find them. Be sure to read and follow all rules of the dog parks you visit!
St. John’s Dog Parks
- Quidi Vidi Lake (off The Boulevard) – Here you’ll find two parks; one for small dogs and one for larger dogs!
- Airport Heights Dog Park (McNiven Place)
- Humane Services (Higgins Line) – Small dogs only.
- Victoria Park Dog Park (Water Street Downtown)
- Shea Heights (Linegar Avenue)
- Mundy Pond (off Blacker Avenue)
- Bowring Park Dog Park (across from Bowring Park parking lot closest to Brookfield Road)
- Bidgood Park Goulds – Here you’ll find two parks; one for small dogs and one for larger dogs!
Mount Pearl Dog Park
Mount Pearl’s dog park is located at 43 Clyde Avenue, and has a dedicated section just for small dogs 25lb and under.
Paradise & CBS Dog Parks
Paradise has a dog park within Paradise Park, at the end of Sarah Davis Way, next to the Paradise Double Ice Complex. There’s a dedicated section for both small and larger dogs.
Conception Bay South has a great dog park located at Sgt. Ned Nugent’s Park on Red Bridge Road.
Goobies Irving & Big Stop Restaurant
Traveling? Then you’ll be thankful for the beautiful doggie park at Goobies Irving & Big Stop Restaurant on the TCH. A popular hub for motorists, your dog can stretch its legs and make a bathroom stop as well at this small fenced dog park.
View this post on Instagram
Gander’s dog park is open year-round and located near Cobb’s Pond Rotary Park.
Let your dog run free in Corner Brook at their dog park on Wellington Street behind the Lions Rec Centre.